Wednesday 13 June 2018

Spider-Geddon Looms

So, I'm about a week behind on my weekly schedule and I don't know when I'll find the time to work on a really meaty post, so in the meantime we'll have to make do with talking about the sure-to-date-very-quickly alternative of *gasp* current events!


Apparently a follow up to the Spider-Verse event, we have a new event called Spider-Geddon from Christos Gage and Jorge Molina. While this storyline officially starts with a mini series called Edge of Spider-Geddon, I really don't care. This story will either be very much like Spider-Verse in tone and style, doing further damage to my favourite character or it will surprise me and be only half as bad. I'm usually fairly optimistic or at least hopeful but I can't muster it nowadays, I'm afraid. I stopped reading monthly comics as a direct result of Dan Slott's atrocious writing and I don't have high opinions of anyone hoping to follow it up with a pointless sequel event. That said, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

As for Mayday herself, she at appears on this promo image in her original costume rather than the last costume she was seen in at the end of the Secret Wars mini-series Spider-Island. I do find it strange that she's not in her modified 'Amazing' era costume with the larger blue areas around the axillary area and smaller eye pieces on the mask. Still, this could be merely artistic choice.

While I don't have much enthusiasm for this upcoming event, I will still check it out in some form when time permits. I felt I had to mention it here, if for no other reason than to (hopefully, but not with great likelihood) be spectacularly wrong on record. Thanks for reading my sleep-deprived rambling, everyone!

Until I find a reason to start reading modern comics again, I remain

frogoat

No comments:

Post a Comment