Thursday 9 August 2018

Before Bluestreak





Here's an MC2-related question I would never have thought to ask before:



What was Bluestreak's codename when she was a member of the X-People?


Confused? Let me explain. When we are first formerly introduced to Blue Kelso aka Bluestreak in A-Next #4, we learn that she was formerly a member of the X-People before joining the next generation Avengers alongside her fellow Dream Team members.






Yes, I had to include the previous panel. Obviously. Anyway, Blue mentions it again in A-Next #6...





Bluestreak spent some time working in 'the X-People's Danger Room with Jubilee.' Flash forward (or backwards?) to the American Dream mini series where we learn not only the titular character's origin but we see Blue's time under Clint Barton's tutelage (American Dream #3).






Here's where it get's interesting. We see Clint not only giving the team their costumes but also their codenames.




Finally, in American Dream #4 we see the formation of the Dream Team, which seems to take place soon after the events of A-Next #1.






 So, for those not paying attention, it might appear as though there is a continuity error regarding Blue's time with the X-People. However, I think there is a simple explanation: Blue Kelso had another codename when she was a member of the X-People. If I may slip into the realm of wild speculation, perhaps Blue was merely a trainee ala Nancy Lu as Push in Spider-Girl #92, which could also explain why she only ever mentions Jubilee and her hours of training.




Perhaps there is more to the story than we know? Maybe we'll never find out. Just something to think about. Let me know your thoughts or yell at me for making a rookie mistake!

Until I figure out how to switch off my fan-brain, I remain

frogoat


No comments:

Post a Comment